Sunday, February 26, 2017

Future steps and hopes

What I hope to have happen when I come back from Uganda would be to make this a sustainable and continuing connection between Emma Willard and the clinic/schools in Ddegeya and the surrounding areas of Uganda. I know that I will continue to visit for the rest of my life and I hope by the time I come back and present my experience to the community, others will feel moved to contribute as well.

My goal would be to have girls come visit the clinic with me at some point or have it be made into a regular spring break trip every year. I would love to continue to go every year as an Emma alum with girls who share my passion. It's an incredible that I have been lucky to be a part of and I want others to have the same chance.

Timeline of goals:
February: Have John Kalule come to Emma and speak to the community
March: Will be visiting the clinic during the first week and a half of spring break
End of March: Will talk about my experience during morning reports
April: Meet with administration at Emma to figure out how to keep the program running. Will probably do a couple fundraisers as well if possible.
May: Will present my signature project to the entire school

No comments:

Post a Comment